To raise capital, we assist entrepreneurs. Typically, this includes some or all of the following services:
- Development of a business plan
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Preparation of pitch decks (investor presentations)
- Development of strategies
- Analysis and research of the market
- Analysing and researching competitors
- Analyses of financial data
- Advisory and coaching services in general
- Stratégies for capital formation
It is one of our greatest strengths to learn the fundamentals of virtually any industry or technology quickly. Our many markets served are green technologies, medical devices, biotechnology, Internet/e-commerce, communication services, distance learning, mortgage banking, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, food service, consumer goods, entertainment, aerospace, artificial intelligence, enterprise software, insurance, energy, and networking. However, we believe our unique asset is not our expertise in the industry – which you already possess in abundance – but how we can help you appeal to investors.
No, we are not investors, but management consultants.
You should probably be able to answer yes if you run a business. You will likely need more than one business plan: one to raise capital and one to operate. It is composed of a concise, easily digested strategic document designed to persuade potential investors to phone and invite you to their offices for an initial meeting. This latter document serves as a daily roadmap, outlining the tactics supporting your overall strategy. The former needs to be an attractive document that sells; the latter can be a collection of spreadsheets, lists, research summaries, and other documents stuffed in a binder that you refer to and update regularly. We specialise in preparing the capital-raising business plan, but many by-products are suitable for use in the operating business plan. Ideally, the former should be an attractive document that attracts customers; the latter may be a collection of spreadsheets, lists, summaries of research, and other documents that you refer to and update regularly.
Even if you have an MBA degree, you could easily spend 500 hours or more preparing a business plan, financial forecast, and investor presentation suitable for investors. This is time that you should probably be investing in building your team, product, distribution channels, and customer base. Additionally to our expertise in preparing these materials, we are able to provide independent, third-party insights into your business and may raise questions that you hadn’t considered.
Moreover, they work. In a world where only one in 250 business plans ever receive venture capital, we are delighted to report that about half of our programs have received worth, and a good portion has been acquired or is currently being considered for investment by prior round investors. Every project is tailor-made to reflect the client’s specific circumstances while retaining characteristics that investors find appealing.
It is crucial to have cash flows, income statements, and balance sheets that tie together (you would be surprised by how many consultants fail to perform the basics correctly)—designed to permit you to perform what-if analyses based on assumptions. We can include numerous sophisticated features depending on your needs.
Situations are unique to each individual. There are, however, a few reasonably common steps to follow:
- We will begin by discussing your basic needs.
- Examine your current materials (draft business plans, financials, research on the market, competitor analysis, and others.).
- An agreeable scope and fee for the proposed project will be agreed upon following a follow-up discussion.
- The key to a successful business plan and financial model is a thorough analysis of all significant elements, development of strategies, and agreement of all major components.
- As needed, further research should be conducted.
- I will prepare an Investor Presentation and review it with you to ensure that all parties agree about the high-level vision.
- Upon drafting the Executive Summary, I will review it with you to ensure that we agree on the next level of detail.
- Prepare an outline of the business plan for your consideration.
- Complete the draft by filling in the details. Your feedback should be obtained and incorporated.
- Assist in developing the financial model by incorporating your revenue and expense models, explaining how they work and taking responsibility for the financials.
- Ensure that all deliverables are completed.
- We are providing you with advice on how to deliver the investor presentation and how to answer questions.
- Continue to support the deliverables, as well as make minor updates for no extra cost.
The overall duration of a typical project may take anywhere from 10-30 hours, depending upon how it is structured.
As illustrated below, it usually takes six to eight weeks for a typical engagement involving a business plan, financial forecast, and investor presentation. Your actual turnaround time may vary based on the quality of your existing materials, your participation level, the complexity of your market and business model, and our current workload.
Possibly, but we may need to charge a rush fee. The majority of our time is spent on multiple projects, so rush jobs can put a strain on our schedules and inconvenience other clients as well
Our company stands ready, at no extra charge, to answer any follow-up questions you may have, to provide advice, or to make any minor changes required to the documents we prepared for you.
If you would like to have a free assessment of your situation, we would be delighted to do so.
Our website contains several of our plans, but we cannot send you a sample by email. We can schedule a screen sharing session via Zoom or Gmail if you would like to see the document in greater detail, or we can provide you with a hard copy in person.